Monday, September 14, 2009

Feel da burn!

The water was boiling today because I was feeling da burn! Two sets o!f 6x1:30 intervals with 30secs recovery between intervals and a glorious whole two minutes between sets! Adding in the 5 minutes warm up and warm down I covered 875m today!

When I initially arrived the lane was clear! Glory glory allelujah! I had a good 7 minutes before Asian lady 2 arrived. She added her perfume to the water making it even more crucial to not swallow the pool! We worked out a complicated little dance whereby we both coexisted happily.

Then the games began! Asian lady 3 arrived and promenaded up and down with Asian lady 2. Still I managed to get round them and time things just right. So I moved up a level in the game of Aqua jogging dodgems! Two older women entered the mix! Now these two promenaded but had half a body width between them, making passing hard! I went through the middle once in a bid to get the message across.  The funniest thing was when I was on my last warm down length and I heard Older woman 1 say to older woman 2 "I'm not going to talk much today because I find it interferes with my workout!". I very nearly drank the pool then!

I am providing entertainment for the guy on reception who is noting my increase in speed both in the pool and on my crutches! Nice to know that I'm providing a service.  Paid $3 to park right outside the door today but I don't know if it's worth the extra dollar.

I am stuffed! I definitely feel like I've had a good workout. I hoovered a bowl of rice pudding as soon as I walked in the door. Feeling nearly human now.

No comments: