Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I have the plague.

I have a cold.  This may seem like nothing but for me it spells a really really terrible Auckland Half as opposed to just a really terrible one due to my split tendon.  Incidentally, I still have no further information on when I can have my split repaired so the Hutt River Ultra now looks like a no go as well!

Any way, why would a cold spell disaster? Because cold's trigger my fibromyalgia so I end up feeling like i have the flu and generally take about 5 days to recover from even a mild one. So I've got the stuffy head and drippy nose which are not conducive to running anyways but being above the neck don't preclude it.  But my shoulders, elbows, fingers, knees and ankles feel stiff and sore like I have the flu. My tongue is also on a go slow so I feel like my mouth is full when I speak.

But I shall not be vanquished! That roadster number shall be mine! As long as I make it over the bridge in time then I can cruise the rest of the way.  And this is what I'm focussing on!  I don't even have a costume to take my mind off things!

No comments: