Monday, October 29, 2012

Watch that cyborg hip!

I'm thinking I have been very lucky with my THJR. I've had no swelling to speak of, no real pain and no bruising apart from a small bullseye around the drain site. I can easily walk with Simon and the dog and could probably even manage our super steep driveway if I had to but I'm not going to push it.

I've worked out how to lie on my left side, I call it my whale dance, so my back gets some respite. I'm still quite tired but that's thanks to the anaemia. I hope one day to be able to sit down and not feel like I have a phone in my pocket.

I did manage to do something stupid today - we'll see if I dodge the bullet. I bent over (a big no no) with straight legs ( even bigger no no) and felt the characteristic sensation of a hip joint about to part company. Being experienced in this happening with my previous original model hip joint I quickly corrected my error and I'm hoping I didn't do any damage to muscles or joint. That's the trouble with things going so well - you push the envelope. I even tried wall walking in the middle of the night and that was stupid and uncomfortable. I now swear to stick to my directions as advised by those wiser than myself and hopefully me and my hip joint replacement will be together for more than 20 years.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: