Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Days of our lives

As sand through the hour glass so are the days of our lives.

Today was follow up X-ray day for my hip so that meant a drive to South Auckland where my excellent surgeon (one hopes) operates out of. The parking is excellent and the staff are all very nice. Good the films on CD so not such if I can do a comparison. Now I just need to cross everything that he agrees to proceed.

The bane of my life at the moment is the dysphagia. Everything takes a stop-off at the top of my oesophagus - it's the Dhubai of my body. I end up feeling like I have constant carotid pressure on my throat. It usually takes at least 3 hours for something a small as a tablespoon of rice to continue it's journey. When cup-a-soup sticks you know things are awry. Luckily coffee always works so I can always become a caffiened up anorexic. This really is taking stomach stapling to the extreme.

Got lots of social things coming up and it's hard making the call. It all depends on whether I've had my bionic surgery by then. A lady in the park was very impressed with the quality of her replacements and that was 15 years ago so I'm really expecting to be Jamie Summers. The not driving for 6 weeks may be a problem. I certainly won't be strolling up the driveway. Maybe I need to get a cart built and Millie can tow me up.

Haven't had any communication yet from Gastro. I hope it's not another case of lost or not done referrals. Not that I'm really dying to have a tube shoved down my throat to see what's happening. Though I do prefer that tithe other end of the GI tract.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: