Thursday, January 12, 2012

Got me some more drugs!

I'm now trying copaxone which is not an interferon so shouldn't do the flu-like thing but may make me feel like I'm having a heart attack and also melt fat but not in a nice uniform way that would be worth paying money for - more a deep pit of despair sort of way! It just gets better and better! And it's daily injections! And it's injections - so unlike injections!


I was late for my appointment because the neuro clinic is on the 8th floor of the hospital through a warren of corridors and I am struggling more and more with walking. I mentioned this again to the nurse. She told me to arrive early for my annual assessment later in the year so I'm rested so I can walk 500m unaided. Ah, I can't! I feel a little like I'm shouting into a void as no one seems to be hearing me. If I continue to relapse it shows that the medication is not working. I keep saying I'm continually deteriorating but no one really seems to be thinking "Hmmm maybe the medications are not working" - I only escaped from the interferons due to abnormal LFTs and unsightly blemishes. The drugs will not cause any improvement, that's up to my body - stop inflaming and I'll remit or be remiss or something. I get that but the sales pitch is that I won't get WORSE. I am therefore it would seem to me they are not working. Perhaps this one will stop the march, one can but hope.


I'm also trying to figure out the logistics of traveling from LA to San Francisco to Anaheim and back to Auckland if I take a wheelchair. I guess I'm going to have to shell out more money and use shuttles rather than buses. Bit of a pain since come April I'm jobless! Oh life is just a bowl of cherries!

No comments: